Thursday, April 4, 2013

"The Guitarist"

Vivian Campbell of
Def Leppard
As you may or may not have noticed, this blog is morphing into less about me taking guitar lessons and more about me writing and learning about guitarists.  I finished the first-ish draft of my novel, "The Guitarist" on Valentine's Day.  I actually finished it a day or so earlier, but couldn't quite say goodbye to it, so I waited till February 14th to write "The End."  Silly girl.  The first draft logline is "Famous guitarist finds love and family despite his troubled past ."  I can start the first round of revisions on April 14th.

Several people on Facebook said it would be okay to write a sequel.  I was like, eh, I don't know.  I had an idea (thank you, muse) for another story, this one about a singer.  No, it's not called "The Singer."  I started that one and, thank goodness musicians hang out with other musicians, because my guitarist and his girl, and several other characters from other stories are making an appearance.  I like their world.

Sean Ashe
I finally got a Twitter account-- @maryfersner --and found some incredible young guitar players.  Well, one found me and I found others through him.  The first one is Sean Ashe, shredder extraordinaire.  Find him at www.SeanAsheGuitar.com and www.Youtube.com/SeanAsheOfficial.  He actually makes music.  It's not just going fast, there's melody involved.  Essential in my book.  And some gig Sean's got too.  Guitar manufacturers send him guitars to demo.  I mean, c'mon!


Martin Miller

Sean turned me onto a German guitarist, Martin Miller who can be found at www.martinmillerguitar.com and I bought his full-length cd called, "The Other End."  Wow.  Part shred, a la Satch, part jazz guitar, part sweetness and part "tearin' the roof off the emeffer," yet tied together being all Martin.  Check it out.  I've got it on my "Writing Music" playlist, so that says something.

Okay, finally, because this is starting to get long and you know how I can go on.  Hahaha!!  So for my birthday, and seeing them for the first time ever, I'm going to Las Vegas to see Def Leppard in their Viva Hysteria residency at Hard Rock's The Joint!  I'm so psyched!  I've been a fan for decades, but seeing them in concert is so gonna ROCK!!  Oh, yeah.  www.defleppard.com
Def Leppard
Hysteria Album Cover



No comments: